2 cups fresh strawberries; washed, tops removed, and quartered
3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons granulated sugar; divided
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice; divided
1 each 750ml bottle Champagne, Prosecco, Cava – whatever bubbles you like!
3 1/2 teaspoons unflavored gelatin powder – measured from 2 packages
1. Place the quartered strawberries, 1/4 cup sugar, and 1 tablespoon lemon juice in a medium bowl. Gently toss to combine and let stand at room temperature, tossing to combine while you prepare the rest of the gelée.
2. Pour 1/2 cup of the sparkling wine into a small bowl. Sprinkle the gelatin over the wine and let stand for 5 minutes to soften.
3. Measure 1 cup sparkling wine and bring to a boil in a small pot with the remaining sugar, stirring until dissolved. Remove from heat, and add the gelatin mixture, stirring well.
4. Transfer the warm liquid to a pitcher (easy to pour), add the strawberries with their juices, the remaining tablespoon of lemon juice, and the rest of the bottle of sparkling wine. Give it a gentle stir to combine all of the flavors.
5. Using a slotted spoon, remove the strawberries from the liquid and divide amongst 6 parfait glasses, champagne flutes, or any cup your heart desires. Divide the liquid into the glasses and refrigerate until firm, about 3 hours. The gelées will keep their bubbles for about 2 days, but who can resist champagne that long?